These are the manual steps for creating a CarpentriesOffline flashdrive:
(Work in progress)
- You will need a 4GB flashdrive to start with
- Download Slax Linux. If you have a 32bit computer you will need the 32bit version which you can download with this link: https://slax.org/download-slax.php?a=32bit&b=Debian. If you have a 64 bit computer, download Slax with this link: https://slax.org/download-slax.php?a=64bit&b=Debian
- The file you just downloaded is an ISO image which you can mount on your computer as a virtual disk. (Instructions to mount of the three main operating systems will follow soon).
- To mount on Linux, assuming you are in the same directory as where you download the iso to.
sudo mount -o loop ./slax-##bit-#.#.#.iso
- where the #s are replaced by the actual numbers in the name of the file you downloaded.
Index of all Pages
Current Unknowns and Testing
Creating an flashdrive image: step-by-step
Building a mini HPC
Setting up the miniHPC login node
The Original Team
Resources for Offline Data Science
SD Card Image for Raspberry Pi
Creating an SD card imgae: step-by-step
HOWTO: Setting up a CarpenPi workshop
Setting up a Raspberry Pi